[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast and mpi-blast

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 15 09:24:25 EST 2006

> Anyone have any opinions as to how easy/difficult it would be
> to incorporate mpiblast into
> Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast?  It runs essentially the
> same way as blastall, and its output is nearly identical.
> -A
> --
> Andrew Stewart
> Research Assistant, Genomics Team
> Navy Medical Research Center (NMRC)
> Biological Defense Research Directorate (BDRD) BDRD Annex
> 12300 Washington Avenue, 2nd Floor Rockville, MD 20852
> email: stewarta at nmrc.navy.mil
> phone: 301-231-6700 Ext 270

I think plans were to rewrite StandAloneBlast and RemoteBlast to make them
more 'generic' (i.e. capable of running other BLAST-related programs),
though I'm not sure at what stage everything is.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign