[Bioperl-l] No more Makefile.PL (MakeMaker -> Module::Build)

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Fri Nov 17 08:51:03 EST 2006

Chris Fields wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2006, at 1:38 AM, Sendu Bala wrote:
>> Chris Fields wrote:
>>> One BioPerl CPAN issue: I noticed that 1.5.2-RC3 is not listed as a
>>> developer release, but as the latest release (which implies it is
>>> stable):
>>> http://search.cpan.org/~sendu/bioperl-1.5.2-RC3/
>>> Not sure what's going on there, but I don't think that was intended,
>>> correct?
>> It wasn't intended. I've deleted the file and if you refresh you should
>> find that page doesn't exist anymore?
> The page is still there, but the distribution is gone (i.e. the
> 'Download' link is now dead).
> http://search.cpan.org/~sendu/bioperl-1.5.2-RC3/

Hmm, I see just a big 'Not found' message for a non-existing page. I
think the old page is still stuck in a cache somewhere for you.

In any case, don't whatever you do look in the super-sekrit
because I'm testing out CPAN stuff and getting it horribly wrong.
Multiple times.

I'll make a post when CPAN stuff is ready to test.