[Bioperl-l] Please do not commit without testing

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 23 16:43:30 EST 2006

On Nov 23, 2006, at 3:18 PM, Sendu Bala wrote:

> Developers,
> Please do not commit changes without testing the test suite first,
> especially to branches!
> Note that:
> perl -I. -w t/test.t
> is NOT a good enough test, especially for test scripts that still use
> Test and not Test::More. (The above doesn't capture an incorrect
> number
> of tests in the plan.)
> Always initially do:
> ./Build test --test_files t/test.t --verbose
> Then run the entire test suite:
> ./Build test

My bad.  As a lousy excuse I have been extremely busy with family
this holiday.  However, the various changes using Module::Build need
to be well-documented both in CVS docs and on the wiki.  Your latter
example ('./Build test --test_files t/test.t --verbose') is nowhere
to be found.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher
Lab of Dr. Robert Switzer