[Bioperl-l] Bioperl 1.5.2 RC1

Florin Iucha florin at iucha.net
Mon Oct 2 22:30:31 EDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 12:48:34AM +0100, Sendu Bala wrote:
> Bioperl 1.5.2 Release Candidate 1 is ready and available in CVS. I'll
> upload tar.gz files when I have access to the server, then reply here
> with links.
> In the mean time, see http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Release_1.5.2 for
> instructions on getting and testing this RC.

[I won't create a wiki account just to report this.]

Running on Debian testing/unstable, using Perl 5.8.8 and BIOPERLDEBUG
not set.  Lots of warnings about missing packages and all, but this
looks interesting:

   Argument "+" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at Bio/DB/SeqFeature/Segment.pm line 423.

   Failed 1/239 test scripts, 99.58% okay. 1/11864 subtests failed, 99.99% okay.

The failed test is:

      Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
   DIED. FAILED test 15

If we wish to count lines of code, we should not regard them as lines
produced but as lines spent.                       -- Edsger Dijkstra