[Bioperl-l] Bioperl under WinXP

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 4 10:03:34 EDT 2006

If you're using PPM, you can install a (much) newer version of BioPerl from

Add that as one of your repositories in PPM4 (seeing that you are using
ActivePerl, then search for bioperl.  The version should be

In a few weeks we'll be releasing a new developer release.  A WinXP PPM is
expected, as well as a bundled package to install all prerequisites.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign