[Bioperl-l] From EBI support re WU-Blast SOAP service

Niels Larsen niels at genomics.dk
Thu Oct 19 11:16:37 EDT 2006

Sendu Bala wrote:
>> I invoked the EBI script
>> http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/webservices/downloads/WSWUBlastSOAPLite.zip
>> like this
>> WSWUBlastClient.pl -p blastn -D embl test.fasta
>> where the content of test.fasta is below, and got
>> Can't find method element in the message at
>> /ebi/extserv/bin/perl-5.8.3/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2311.
> As you admit, this is not a Bioperl issue. I would suggest you contact
> EBI support.

To use EBI's WU-blast SOAP interface from perl, EBI support
says it one must use SOAP::Lite v 0.60 (no later version)
and include '--email you.example.com' on the command line.
This is neither evident from their web pages or the script
usage statement, but they promised to fix.

Niels Larsen
Danish Genome Institute
Gustav Wieds vej 10 C
DK-8000 Aarhus C