[Bioperl-l] Submission proposal: ABIF module

Nicola Vitacolonna vitacolonna at appliedgenomics.org
Sun Oct 22 09:04:48 EDT 2006

Hi everybody,
I would like to submit to CPAN a module for reading and parsing the
ABIF files (with .ab1 suffix) produced by Applied Biosequence
sequencers. The need for such a module arose in our lab because the
existing ABI module we found on CPAN had too limited functionality.
As an example, our module allows us to easily produce analysis
reports similar to the ones generated by the Sequencing Analysis

May I call the module Bio::ABIF? Or should I follow other conventions?