[Bioperl-l] Perl script to extract from ncbi

George Heller george.heller at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 13:54:41 EST 2007

Hi all,
  I have a question regarding extracting data from Ncbi. I have a database to store the sequence data, but the files I have loaded into it, dont have a proper description line specified. Based on the accession number, I need to find out what is the genus and species name (organism name) from ncbi.
  I have about 1500 records for which I need to extract the names from ncbi.
  Any ideas of how I can go about writing a perl script for extracting this information from ncbi?