[Bioperl-l] contig disassembly

Andrew Stewart stewarta at nmrc.navy.mil
Tue Jan 16 16:11:35 EST 2007

If I want to take a Bio::Seq object representing a contig and
disassemble it into the constituent sequences which originally lead
to its formation, all the while preserving the feature annotation
associated with each sub-sequence, and with the coordinates of these
feature sets updated to reflect their position relative to these sub-
sequences, what is the best way to go about this?  If I take a
subsequence of a Seq object, will it carry over the relevant features
as well?

Andrew Stewart
Research Assistant, Genomics Team
Navy Medical Research Center (NMRC)
Biological Defense Research Directorate (BDRD)
BDRD Annex
12300 Washington Avenue, 2nd Floor
Rockville, MD 20852

email: stewarta at nmrc.navy.mil