[Bioperl-l] basic questions

L Xu ryanx07 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 11:24:31 EDT 2007

I just started to learn BioPerl by reading the BioPerl Tutorial on the
BioPerl website. By trying the 1st example on my window,
use Bio::Perl;
$seq_object = get_sequence('swiss',"ID ROA1_HUMAN");

I got the error as the following:

------------- EXCEPTION: Bio::Root::Exception -------------
MSG: swissprot stream with no ID. Not swissprot in my book
STACK: Error::throw
STACK: Bio::Root::Root::throw C:/Perl/site/lib/Bio/Root/Root.pm:350
STACK: Bio::SeqIO::swiss::next_seq C:/Perl/site/lib/Bio\SeqIO\swiss.pm:178
STACK: Bio::DB::WebDBSeqI::get_Seq_by_id
STACK: Bio::Perl::get_sequence C:/Perl/site/lib/Bio/Perl.pm:510
STACK: t8.pl:7

I cannot figure out where is wrong but cannot find the solution on the web.
Could someone help me please?

Also, this lead to my 2nd question: is there a way to search in the archieve
of the current list?

Thanks so much