[Bioperl-l] Taxonomy hierarchy extraction

George Heller george.heller at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 00:21:45 EDT 2007

Thanks. And how can I assign the $node here in the below code, such that I can reference it to a particular taxon id record? I want to retrieve all the descendents from the taxonomy hierarchy, given a particular taxon id.
  I have a local db setup, in which I have uploaded data using the load_ncbi_taxonomy.pl script.
  Jason Stajich <jason at bioperl.org> wrote:
    I assume you already figured out how to setup a local taxonomydb?

  You just want the extant species/leaves of the tree

my @extant_children = grep { $_->is_Leaf } $node->get_all_Descedents;