[Bioperl-l] Bioperl partitioning (was Re: SVN and ...Re: Perltidy)

Nathan S. Haigh n.haigh at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 07:57:22 EDT 2007

Hilmar Lapp wrote:
> On Jun 20, 2007, at 2:31 AM, Nathan S. Haigh wrote:
>> If the switch over to svn takes place, will all the Bioperl-* projects
>> move over at the same time?
> They are under the same CVSROOT right now. Locking down some
> sub-repositories but not others may be odd or impossible.
>> If so, will they go into their own svn repository or into the same one?
> Good question, I'm not sure about the pros and cons one way or the other
> either. The fewer repositories the less sysadmin work in fine-graining
> permissions.
>     -hilmar

I don't think there is any major reason why the following single repos
wouldn't do the trick:

  |     |--- trunk
  |     |--- branches
  |     |--- tags
        |--- trunk
        |--- branches
        |--- tags

Any reason why this couldn't be used?

I know some people don't like the idea of the revision number
incrementing for the whole repository if it contains several "projects".
However, revision numbers are really only a way for svn to keep track of
things and a very large revision number shouldn't really "upset" anyone.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)