[Bioperl-l] First cut svn repository [was Re: SVN and ...Re: Perltidy]

Nathan S. Haigh n.haigh at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Jun 27 16:24:18 EDT 2007

Hilmar Lapp wrote:
> On Jun 27, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Chris Fields wrote:
>> Most projects make a clean break with cvs (no more commits) for the
>> reasons you point out.  Not sure how the other core devs feel about
>> that but I could go for that; it would def. prevent headaches.
> There shouldn't be any cvs write support after the cut-over I think.
> I don't see the benefit that would justify the huge headache potential.
> 	-hilmar

I agree. A clean switch from cvs read/write to svn read/write plus cvs
read only sounds the least problematic!

However, how will links to cvs be dealt with? Links on Bioperl could be
switched over to point to svn, but what about possible links from
external sources? Maybe a more generic approach of redirection could
work? Or a simple warning page stating the fact that we have moved from
cvs to svn and provide a common link to follow?

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)