[Bioperl-l] frac_aligned_query returning results >1.

Thiago Venancio thiago.venancio at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 08:43:06 EST 2007

Hi Sendu,

You absolutely right !!

I have updated all the packages and it's fine now. I have done this process
several times, but this time, I don't know why I did things in this way.

On 3/5/07, Sendu Bala <bix at sendu.me.uk> wrote:
> Thiago Venancio wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > So I deduce the problem is in my end, but I have updated all the
> > packages through CPAN, using the command:
> >
> > perl -MCPAN -e "install Bundle::BioPerl"
> >
> > I think this should update all tthe essencial packages, no ?
> No: Bundle::BioPerl doesn't install BioPerl, only some of its optional
> external dependencies (and is out of date in any case).
> Since you need the latest version of everything, get a complete CVS
> checkout:
> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Using_CVS#Instructions_for_downloading_any_BioPerl_repository_using_anonymous_CVS
> Or install BioPerl 1.5.2 and overwrite just the needed modules I
> outlined from CVS:
> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Installing_BioPerl

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
      Walt Disney

Thiago Motta Venancio, MSc
PhD student in Bioinformatics
University of Sao Paulo