[Bioperl-l] Collecting genomic DNA sequences using Entrez IDs

Paul N. Hengen paulhengen at coh.org
Wed Nov 28 20:20:42 EST 2007

I have a number of gene IDs from Entrez and I want to find the
start and end locations in the human genome. This seemed simple
enough, so I started working through some of the examples for
using the EntrezGene module at www.bioperl.org  Of course this
did not work because the core installation does not include this
module. So, I think I have two choices (1) install the module (how?),
or (2) find an easier way to get the locations in the human genome.
I want to use the locations to grab sequences out of the genome.
Can anyone offer advice on this? Thanks.

Paul N. Hengen, Ph.D.
Hematopoietic Stem Cell and Leukemia Research
City of Hope National Medical Center
1500 E. Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010 USA
mailto:paulhengen at coh.org

Sent from the Perl - Bioperl-L mailing list archive at Nabble.com.