[Bioperl-l] Problem with $seqobj->translate() when supplying parameters

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 15 21:02:25 EDT 2007


http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/ 
FAQ#How_can_I_tell_what_version_of_BioPerl_is_installed.3F

If you installed BioPerl via CPAN you more than likely have 1.4.  The  
most recent dev release is 1.5.2.

chris

On Oct 15, 2007, at 3:38 PM, Eric E. Snyder wrote:

> Hello Again,
>
> I think I've discovered the problem.  Apparently I've got an old  
> version
> of BioPerl which expected an array of arguments rather than a named
> list.  When I cut-and-pasted the new code for translate() into my
> distribution, the problem went away.
>
> So, the next question is: how can I be sure that I have the most
> up-to-date distribution available (or at least the one that matches  
> the
> BioPerl docs on bioperl.org)?  I downloaded BioPerl using CPAN within
> the last year but I don't know where it actually came from.
>
> Thanks,
> eesnyder
>
> -- 
> Eric E. Snyder, Ph.D.
> Virginia Bioinformatics Institute
> Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
> Blacksburg, VA 24061-0447
> USA
>
> Office:    (540) 231-5428
> Mobile:    (540) 230-5225
> Fax:    (540) 231-2606
> Email:    eesnyder at vbi.vt.edu
> JDAM:    N 37 12'01.6", W 80 24'26.9"
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Bioperl-l mailing list
> Bioperl-l at lists.open-bio.org
> http://lists.open-bio.org/mailman/listinfo/bioperl-l

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher
Lab of Dr. Robert Switzer
Dept of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign





More information about the Bioperl-l mailing list