[Bioperl-l] cannot run emboss from bioperl on windows

Rohit Ghai Rohit.Ghai at mikrobio.med.uni-giessen.de
Fri Oct 26 07:30:43 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I have emboss installed on a windows machine. (Embosswin). I can run
this from the dos command line and the path is present. However, when I
try to call
an emboss application from bioperl I get a "Application not found error"

   my $f = Bio::Factory::EMBOSS->new();
   # get an EMBOSS application  object from the factory
   my $fuzznuc = $f->program('fuzznuc');
                   { -sequence  => $infile,
                         -pattern   => $motif,
                        -outfile   => $outfile
  gives the following error

-------------------- WARNING ---------------------
MSG: Application [fuzznuc] is not available!
Can't call method "run" on an undefined value at searchPatterns.pl line

Can somebody help me fix this ?

best regards

Dr. Rohit Ghai
Institute of Medical Microbiology