[Bioperl-l] WebBlat, where'd it go?

Arkady bamboowarrior at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 15:39:21 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use BioPerl to run a BLAT search on the four primate
genomes on UCSC. I understand that the proper tool for this is
Bio::Tools::WebBlat. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be in my
bioperl distribution (nor do I even know how to figure out what
version that is, unfortunately, though it's a very recent install -- a
month ago?). I also can't find it on CPAN. Is this deprecated? Has
something else replaced it? Or are we always supposed to run local

John Woods

Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology
The University of Texas at Austin