[Bioperl-l] adding HSP information to BLAST output graphic (Bio::Graphics)

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Thu Aug 21 10:41:10 EDT 2008

I am going through the Bio::Graphics HOWTO on the wiki.

Looking at render_blast4.pl, the description text describes the whole
hit and is set for the whole track, but i would like to be able to add
HSP information such as the identity matches onto the picture, this is
stored in the $hsp object. How would i go about adding that to the

the relevant piece of code is:

       my $track = $panel->add_track(
                                     -glyph       => 'graded_segments',
                                     -label       => 1,
                                     -connector   => 'dashed',
                                     -bgcolor     => 'blue',
                                     -font2color  => 'red',
                                     -sort_order  => 'high_score',
                                     -description => sub {
                                       my $feature = shift;
                                       return unless $feature-
                                       my ($description) = $feature-
                                       my $score = $feature->score;
                                       "$description, score=$score";
                           #            "score=$score";

       next unless $hit->significance < 1E-20;

       my $feature = Bio::SeqFeature::Generic->new(
                                                   -score        =>
                                                   -display_name =>
                                                   -tag          => {
description => $hit->description