[Bioperl-l] Fwd: REST APIs for Cipres Web Portal

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at duke.edu
Mon Jan 28 00:27:34 EST 2008

Some folks may remember that CIPRES (http://www.phylo.org) released
their portal with access to remote execution of several phylogenetic
tree reconstruction programs in spring last year.

It took a while but they have now also built a really nice REST-based
API that makes the service fully programmable instead of screen-
scraping 5 pages:

http://8ball.sdsc.edu:8888/cipres-web/Home.do (click on REST API)

It should be relatively straightforward to build the equivalent of
RemoteBlast on top of this. Would anyone be keen to take this on?

P.S. Sorry for the cross-posting - I thought this is relevant to both
communities. When responding in a project-specific way please make
sure you remove the list that is no longer pertinent.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Lucie Chan <lcchan at sdsc.edu>
> Date: January 21, 2008 6:22:22 PM EST
> To: Hilmar Lapp <hlapp at duke.edu>
> Cc: Mark Miller <mmiller at sdsc.edu>, Rutger Vos <rvosa at sfu.ca>,
> Terri Liebowitz <terri at sdsc.edu>, Paul Hoover <phoover at sdsc.edu>,
> mtholder at ku.edu
> Subject: Re: REST APIs for Cipres Web Portal
> Hilmar, et al.,
> I just released the first version of our REST Web Services API for
> job submission, and job status query, and
> job result file retrieval. I'd like to get some feedbacks (issues,
> problems, improvements, suggestions, etc) from you. For
> documentation on how to access the services, check it out at:
> http://8ball.sdsc.edu:8888/cipres-web/Home.do and click on "REST
> API" below the "CIPRES PORTAL" banner.
> Lucie

: Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:- hlapp at duke dot edu :