[Bioperl-l] Withdraw Bio::Graphics and Bio::DB::SeqFeature from bioperl distribution?

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at sanbi.ac.za
Tue Nov 11 03:38:36 EST 2008

Either way (1.6 or 1.5.3), the main thing is to get a release out soon. I 
agree with the sentiments expressed here to split bioperl into smallish 
logical packages after the next release.

Chris, looks like you have volunteered to be the release manager. As such you 
have quite a lot of responsibility ( :) ) as well as power. Please start 
posting to the list at least weekly updates what needs to be done and 
assigning tasks to people who you know can do part of the job. 

Also, a clear published  time line helps getting things done.

Let us know what you want us to do. I am waiting instructions.


On Tuesday 11 November 2008 10:05:18 Sendu Bala wrote:
> Chris Fields wrote:
> > I'll work on a few bugs towards getting 1.6 released with a rough
> > timeline for end of Nov, maybe even Thanksgiving.  We can work on
> > splitting things up after that.
> I don't think there's any need to put it out as 1.6 if it doesn't
> satisfy the requirements we planned for 1.6. Just make it another dev
> point release: 1.5.3. If the issue is that you want it showing up during
> a CPAN search, just don't give it a dev version number (1.5.3_001).
> _______________________________________________
> Bioperl-l mailing list
> Bioperl-l at lists.open-bio.org
> http://lists.open-bio.org/mailman/listinfo/bioperl-l

______ _/      _/_____________________________________________________
      _/      _/
     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho    heikki at_sanbi _ac _za
    _/_/_/_/_/  Senior Scientist    skype: heikki_lehvaslaiho
   _/  _/  _/  SANBI, South African National Bioinformatics Institute
  _/  _/  _/  University of Western Cape, South Africa
     _/      Phone: +27 21 959 2096   FAX: +27 21 959 2512
___ _/_/_/_/_/________________________________________________________

More information about the Bioperl-l mailing list