[Bioperl-l] [ANNOUNCEMENT] BioPerl 1.6 release agenda
David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Thu Nov 27 12:05:34 EST 2008
Chris et al,
A few quick notes on the SeqIO test reorg I just committed:
- each SeqIO driver now has its own .t file.
- six modules have all tests skipped (except for use_ok) because there isn't
a sample input file against which to test. Those are:
- where possible, I renamed the sample file in data/ to be test.<format>
(e.g. test.fasta, test.embl). There were several already named this way, and
future refactoring will benefit from the consistency.
- a few of the modules throw off some warnings (which don't cause any test
An example is Bio::Location::Fuzzy, called by Bio::SeqIO::genbank,
complaining about not finding valid fuzzy encodings.
The modules throwing warnings are:
SeqIO::genbank (really Location::Fuzzy)
I don't think it's serious.
- I opted to organize all of the .t in a subdirectory, SeqIO. So it's
Chris, I know you've been doing SearchIO_blast.t.
I propose this alternative, hierarchical structure so that the t/ directory
would be more manageable, but I will happily rename the SeqIO test files to
conform to your standard if you prefer.
More information about the Bioperl-l