[Bioperl-l] Bio::Annotations::Collection confusion

Kevin Brown Kevin.M.Brown at asu.edu
Thu Apr 30 15:27:15 EDT 2009

So, I'm parsing Genbank sequences to pull out the various exons. I found
the way to get the NCBI Exon number from each feature, but am confused
about one of the methods. When I do annotation->as_text I'm expecting to
get back 1 from the feature, but instead get back Value: 1 ??!? Why is
the value from the NCBI file getting that text tagged onto it?

exon            1..774
                /gene_synonym="BOLA2A; My016"

print ($f->annotation->get_Annotations('number'))[0]->as_text;
Value: 1