[Bioperl-l] update PLATFORMS file

Robert Buels rbuels at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 21:35:00 EDT 2009

Taking this to bioperl-l:

koenvanderdrift at gmail.com said:

The PLATFORMS document contains a *very* outdated link on how to install
bioperl on Macs. Please remove this link: "Steve Cannon has made available
Bioperl OS X installation directions and notes online at the following URL:

------- Comment #1 from cjfields at bioperl.org  2009-07-09 21:18 EST -------
I think we could actually remove this file completely.  It hasn't been updated
in quite a while and any information it contains would probably serve a better
purpose elsewhere.

So, remove the PLATFORMS file?  Is all of the stuff in there on the wiki?

Robert Buels
Bioinformatics Analyst, Sol Genomics Network
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
Tower Rd
Ithaca, NY  14853
Tel: 503-889-8539
rmb32 at cornell.edu