[Bioperl-l] Asking for advice on full EMBL extraction

brian li brianli.cas at gmail.com
Wed May 6 21:10:46 EDT 2009

Dear all,

     Recently I have to extract all EMBL entries and put them into
relational database so that our report generation tool can access the

     I used Bio::SeqIO::embl to get entries one by one, but can not
move on when dealing with big million-line entries. Segmentation Fault
popped. And as currently SeqBuilder is not integrated into
Bio::SeqIO::embl, SeqBuilder->add_unwanted_slot can't help

     Is there another way to get entires one by one with BioPerl?