[Bioperl-l] Google Summer of Code student Chase Miller

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Mon May 11 10:31:35 EDT 2009

Hello all,
With great pleasure, I want to introduce Chase Miller, my Google Summer of Code
student from George Washington University, to the community. Chase will be
working with me and Rutger Vos on a BioPerl wrapper for Rutger's Bio::Phylo
package, with a particular emphasis on creating a BioPerl-native way to import
and export the NeXML (http://nexml.org) phylogenetic data format. He wrote a
great proposal, available here:
We will be working throughout the summer on the project, and will of course come
to you for sage advice. I know you will welcome him warmly, as you did me.