[Bioperl-l] Linking of two cgi scripts

Spiros Denaxas s.denaxas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 05:56:15 EST 2009

Why do they both have to be CGi scripts? cant all the processing
happen server side, i.e. both BLAST and comparison of returned

If that is strictly a requirement, you could:

a) get input from user on script A, i.e. the input sequence
b) do a HTTP request from the CGI to the other script B using LWP::UserAgent
c) get results from script B, pass on to comparison module
d) return results to user

As I said, this will be clunky so either do everything in one go or
consider AJAX

hope this helps