[Bioperl-l] BioPerl Installation Problem...Please help me...
premkrishnanbv at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 04:13:36 EDT 2009
I am Prem Krishnan, doing MSc. in Computational Biology.
I am interested in Perl language and now I am started studying Bioperl.
But I met with some problems during the installation.
Details are given below,
Using operating system :- *Windows XP 2 version*
Perl Version :- *Active Perl 220.127.116.119*
I started installation using GUI method.
I followed the guidelines from the site
The steps in that link includes the following,
Installation using the Perl Package Manager GUI Installation
1) Start the Perl Package Manager GUI from the Start menu.
2) Go to Edit >> Preferences and click the Repositories tab. Add a new
repository for each of the following (note the difference based on the perl
Repositories to add
*perl 5.8 *
*perl 5.10 *
3) Select View >> All Packages.
4) In the search box type bioperl.
5) Right click the latest version of Bioperl available and choose install.
(Note for users of previous Bioperl releases: you should not have to use the
Bundle-BioPerl package anymore.)
5a) From bioperl 1.5.2 onward, all 'optional' pre-requisites will be marked
for installation. If you see that some of them complain about needing a
command-line installation (eg. XML::SAX::ExpatXS), and you want those
particular pre-requisites, stop now (skip step 6) and see the 'Command-line
6) Click the green arrow (Run marked actions) to complete the installation.
*I had completed the first ‘Three’ steps*. But when I tried to execute
* I couldn’t find any *bioperl packages*.
What I can I do to make my installation successful? Please help me.
I think the information explained above is enough for you to understand my
Thanks in advance…
There can be miracles if you believe in you...
More information about the Bioperl-l