[Bioperl-l] call for a TreeIO volunteer

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Thu Aug 5 08:16:17 EDT 2010

Hi everybody,

We've got a couple of small open bugs related to the Bio::TreeIO modules, and we could really use someone to take a look at them. Ideally, that someone would have familiarity with TreeIO already.*

It'd help us to get the next release (1.6.2) out the door.

The bugs in question are:
- TreeIO::newick writes root node branch length incorrectly

- Bio::TreeIO::nhx cannot parse empty [&&NHX] + round-trip failure

on behalf of the core developers

* Even if you don't, though, if you've been looking for an opportunity to contribute to BioPerl, and this sounds like something you'd like to work on, by all means raise your hand.