[Bioperl-l] Newbie question installing on MacOSX

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 11:06:01 EDT 2010

Hi James,

You are mixing up your installation methods. Either install with fink, or download the source and install from there, not both.

I would personally recommend installing it from source or better still install from cpan. Take a look here:

If you really want to use fink then take a look here:

It looks like the command for this is:

fink install bioperl-pm588

but I don't use fink any more so I am not certain of how that works.