[Bioperl-l] rebase file withrefm

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Thu Jun 3 13:45:19 EDT 2010

Hi Nick,

> Could someone please tell me where in a normal bioperl installation the
> rebase file withrefm  downlaoded from NEB goes.

Are you talking about when using the (apparently undocumented) invocation of Bio::Restriction::IO to have BioPerl grab the latest rebase file itself via FTP?

my $io = Bio::Restriction::IO->new('-format' => 'withrefm',
                                   '-current' => 1);

If so, it's written to a temporary file via File::Temp, so the location is OS-dependent and determined at runtime.

If you're not talking about that, though, could you please clarify?