[Bioperl-l] Res: How to do a megablast with Bioperl?

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Mon Jun 7 13:58:12 EDT 2010

Hi Rondon,

Please keep the list on the Cc so everyone can follow along.

> Thank you, but it's for parse blast results, right? Can I really perform a megablast using bioperl?

Sorry, I read your last post too fast.

You can do it with either Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast or B::T::R::StandAloneBlastPlus:

Note that in blastplus, megablast is the default -task

PS — I noticed that the StandAloneBlast is no longer on the HOWTOs index page. Is it deprecated?