[Bioperl-l] Get variation included in genbank file

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Mon Jun 7 17:18:03 EDT 2010

Hi Jessica,

> Does any know how to include variation(dbSNP) in the genbank file format
> automatically using NM_ accession number using bioperl?

I'm not sure I understand the question.

As far as I know, Genbank records don't include SNP information. See for example the record for human p53 (which has SNPs):

I think though you should be able to get to a dbSNP record if you have a NM_ accession number using the BioPerl interface to NCBI's EUtilities.

More information here:

If that's not what you're after, could you clarify what you want to do?