[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::TMHMM;

_Lelieveld, Stefan - s1012635 s1012635 at student.hsleiden.nl
Thu Sep 9 05:27:23 EDT 2010

I am a bio-informatics student working on a new project. For this project I need to get the TMHMM prediction of a list of proteins (in fasta format).
I came across the Bio::Tools::TMHMM; package for BioPerl which looked promesing. The problem is I lack the advanced knowlegde of perl to get this package to work. So far we had courses in Python and Java not in Perl.

http://search.cpan.org/~birney/bioperl-1.2.3/Bio/Tools/Tmhmm.pm :
use Bio::Tools::Tmhmm;
my $parser = new Bio::Tools::Tmhmm(-fh =>$filehandle );
while( my $tmhmm_feat = $parser->next_result ) {
#do something
push @tmhmm_feat, $tmhmm_feat;

How do I feed a input.txt(containing the proteins as fasta format) to this parser and how do I save the output?

Stefan Lelieveld