[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::TMHMM;

Frank Schwach fs5 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Sep 9 06:28:51 EDT 2010

I haven't used that module myself but it appears to be a parser for
results from TMHMM, i.e. you don't feed it the FASTA file but the output
from TMHMM after it was run.
To run TMHMM you should use Bio::Tools::Run::Tmhmm

Follow the synopsis to feed the tool with your sequences. You can learn
how to read a FASTA file and access each sequence in a loop here:

Essentially it boils down to:

use Bio::SeqIO;
my $file = shift; # to get a file path from command line
my $inseq = Bio::SeqIO->new(-file   => "<$file",-format => 'FASTA' );
while (my $seq = $inseq->next_seq) {
  print $seq->accession_number,"\n";

as an example for printing out accession numbers from $seq, which is a Bio::Seq object.
So what you have to do now is to feed each of those Bio::Seq objects into your TMHMM runner.