[Bioperl-l] Installing Bioperl using CPAN on Suse 11.3

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Tue Sep 14 03:56:33 EDT 2010

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your report.

> Is Bioperl properly installed?

No, it wasn't. When installing through CPAN, if any tests fail the installation is aborted. You can always check by looking for this line:

>  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

As for the error(s)

> 'replacement list longer than search list'

I believe this was fixed a couple of months ago. For details, see:

So I would recommend that you grab the latest copy of bioperl-live from github, wherein the bug will be fixed:

Give that a shot and let us know how it goes.