[Bioperl-l] wiki administrator needed

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Aug 2 21:55:23 EDT 2011

On Aug 2, 2011, at 5:56 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:

> 2011/8/2 Chris Fields <cjfields at illinois.edu>:
>> On Aug 2, 2011, at 5:19 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:
>>> On 2 August 2011 23:01, Chris Fields <cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:
>>>> Carnë,
>>>> I installed the add-in, merged the old account (~carandraug) into the one specified (Carandraug ), and deleted the old account.  See if that works.
>>> When I try to add this OpenID to my account, I still get the error:
>>> "That is someone else's OpenID."
>> Apparently UserMerge doesn't clean up empty OpenID.  I found that one (login.launchpad.net/~carandraug) and manually deleted it.  The user ID it was associated with no longer existed in the user tables.
> This is solved. I connected my account with this OpenID and can now
> log in with it. Thank you

No problem.  Apparently there is a bug fix in the more recent versions of OpenID and UserMerge, I'll add a redmine task to make sure they get updated (have my hands full right now, and OpenID can sometimes be tricky to debug).

>>> Another problem that I have when logging is that sometimes mediawiki
>>> sends 'https://login.launchpad.net/ id/y7xtYzD' instead of
>>> 'https://login.launchpad.net/~carandraug' to the launchpad server. I
>>> don't know what's causing this. Trying to backspace and delete what
>>> may be invisible characters before and after the string sometimes
>>> solves this. This happens even though I type this character by
>>> character so if there's any invisble stuff on the form it must be
>>> there before. This occurs when using Iceweasel 3.5 (in Debian),
>>> Firefox 3.6 (in Ubuntu) and Firefox 5 (in MacOSX).
> This still happens sometimes. It just happened now. I had also fill a
> support request about this issue some weeks ago (ticket #965). No idea
> what's been causing this.
> Carnë

Okay, as long as it's noted somewhere.


More information about the Bioperl-l mailing list