[Bioperl-l] Find distances between LCA's and the other nodes from a tree

Ross KK Leung ross at cuhk.edu.hk
Mon Oct 3 13:41:27 EDT 2011

Thanks Tom. This is the 2nd time you help me. Suppose I change the structure

I have identified two problems.
1) The distance of A and F, I suppose to be 0.1, cannot be calculated (a
warning will prompt and the value shown is wrong).
2) Nodes F, E and G are annotated by me, but in fact the newick tree
generated does not contain any ID. So that means I have to manually
supplement ID's for such intermediate nodes before further processing (this
is indeed dealing with "recursive descent parsing" myself...)?