[Bioperl-l] Bio-EUtilities released

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Jan 13 11:18:22 EST 2012

I have released the (now separate) Bio-EUtilities on CPAN.  For this release I switched to using an independent version number (1.71) that is simpler and evaluates as newer that the current bioperl version (1.006902).

This release doesn't seem to interfere with the current BioPerl CPAN releases: one should be able to install this, which will then install all prerequisites (including BioPerl and older EUtilities code).  The code can be retrieved here:

PS : this bodes well for splitting off code from bioperl-live into their own repositories.  We have a few distributions that are already on this path (Bio-FeatureIO, Bio-Root, etc.).