[Bioperl-l] Position available: Bioinformatics Programmer - Analyst at DuPont CR&D
JEAN-FRANCOIS.TOMB at dupont.com
JEAN-FRANCOIS.TOMB at dupont.com
Wed Oct 24 11:34:23 EDT 2012
Colleagues, This position was just posted. If interested, please apply at: https://dupontimpl.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=145180&lang
Jean-Francois Tomb, Ph.D.
Research Manager, Bioinformatics
DuPont, Central Research and Development
Bioinformatics Programmer - Analyst -1040121017
The Central Research & Development (CR&D) organization is seeking a Bioinformatics Programmer/Analyst to join the bioinformatics group located at our research facility in Wilmington, Delaware.
The position is embedded in a strongly collaborative multi-disciplinary setting. The person hired is expected to be strong on communication, with significant programming and infrastructure (tools and resources for information storage, curation, and retrieval) development experience, and exposure to Biology. He/she will develop or deploy tools that will be used by several teams of biologists working on diverse projects. He/she will also train biologists to use standard commercial software packages and tools our group develops and/or deploys. The position will involve opportunities to engage in project support, delivering real-world solutions affecting the bottom line of the company. A healthy team playing attitude is expected.
* PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience in a professional/industrial biotechnology setting. A Master's degree in the same disciplines with at least 6 years of relevant experience will be considered.
* Expert knowledge of biological databases and bioinformatics applications and packages - commercial and/or open source.
* Experience integrating and deploying tools.
* Experience in database design and management (Oracle, MySQL).
* Proficient in Perl/CGI, skilled in Java / C/C++, Python/PHP; working knowledge of R and Matlab is desirable
* Skilled in web portal and front-end design and development.
* Proficient in system administration (Linux/Unix).
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience in collaborating with biologists and other bioinformatics scientists in cross-functional team settings.
* Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate bioinformatics principles and practices to a largely non-computational community of molecular biologists, physiologists, and geneticists.
This communication is for use by the intended recipient and contains
information that may be Privileged, confidential or copyrighted under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-mail,
in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless explicitly
and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended", this e-mail does
not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or an acceptance
of a contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute a consent to the
use of sender's contact information for direct marketing purposes or for
transfers of data to third parties.
Francais Deutsch Italiano Espanol Portugues Japanese Chinese Korean
More information about the Bioperl-l