[Bioperl-l] genbank/embl format ebnf or other formal description

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Sep 7 23:39:44 EDT 2012

Re: Genbank, the only know specification I know of is for the feature table portion of the format as you have below.  They do have a (possibly out of date) example file, note it isn't easily found unless you search for it:

EMBL is better in this regard:

Note that UniProt Knowledgebase also has a user manual outlining the similarities and differences with EMBL: