This page is initially (05:15, 1 April 2009 (UTC)) meant as a whiteboard for IRC bot ideas.
@ende has written a stimulating proof-of-concept, with some cool ideas emerging. One real example:
... * bioperl-bot (firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #bioperl <bioperl-bot> Hi there. <ende> bioperl-bot <ende> bioperl-bot translate atc <bioperl-bot> I <ende> :) <majensen> YAY <majensen> neato <majensen> bioperl-bot order pizza ... <ende> bioperl-bot translate ACTAATAGATCTTAAGATCTTTATATAGATCTTCTTATTATTTTTACTATTAGGATCGCACTTTGCTGTG <bioperl-bot> TNRS*DLYIDLLIIFTIRIALCC <ende> yes <ende> that is awesome * majensen slowly realizing the possibilities ...
- Identify a decent repos (Google Code? Sourceforge?) to hold this stuff. --
majensen05:15, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- Here's a Bot::BasicBot I wrote a year ago or something. Dead easy to get started quickly. --Jhannah 23:08, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- I heard a rumor that most bots on irc.perl.org are Flooterbucks nowadays. --Jhannah 23:10, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- It would be nice if the bot had a pluggable behavior (could be done easily with Bot::BasicBot::Pluggable). This would encourage participation and would make addition of extra functionality easier.
- Tell bot (privately, so as not to dump to the channel) to paste code to http://sial.org/pbot